Working with Miro & Noda
Noda and Miro can provide an excellent pathway between virtual and mixed reality to the existing digital world.
You can use Noda to generate ideas using a spatial interface and natural inputs like your hands and voice, move concepts around to get a different perspective, work collaboratively in a shared virtual space with bringing in content from unlimited web browser windows and then push insights into Miro for use with apps, services and people outside of VR.
Today using Miro inside of the Noda XR app with the Noda plugin installed you can transfer nodes and sticky notes between Miro and Noda.
This is the first modest step towards a melding of 2 best of breed products.
- The Noda XR app - Available for Meta Quest 1 & 2 available from the Meta Quest store - currently the Miro connection works only with the Noda Plus subscription.
- Miro - a free account is all that's required. Sign in/up here.
- Miro Noda app - Install this app and use it from your board within Miro
The workflow for moving content between 3d and 2d works by selecting content from either and pressing a button on the Miro Noda app to transfer content.
Miro to Noda
Miro sticky notes can be transferred from the Miro Board into the VR space of Noda. Here's how:
- Select the sticky notes to transfer using the cursor on the web browser to either click or click and drag a selection outline
- Open the Miro Noda app panel from the toolbar on the left side of the board
- While sticky notes are selected click the blue "Miro to Noda" button on the Miro Noda app panel. New nodes will appear to the upper right of the web browser window.
Noda to Miro
Noda nodes can be transferred into Miro as sticky notes. Here's how:
- Select the nodes in 3d space by touching them and pressing the A button (lower thumb button on right hand controller) or press A button and drag a selection outline
- Open the Miro Noda app panel from the toolbar on the left side of the Miro board
- While nodes are selected click the blue "Noda to Miro" button on the Miro Noda app panel. New sticky notes will flow from left to right starting at the center of the page.